Snark Search

Monday, May 5, 2008

Self Evaluation - I'm a "4" all the way!

It's time for my annual review at work. I've been here almost 4 years - that means seniority around here! Each year the employees here have to complete a self-evaluation prior to the formal annual review with their supervisors. My supervisor emailed my self-evaluation form to me about 3 weeks ago. I've looked at the thing, but it's not done yet, not even close. Not because I don't know how to complete it, but because the "higher ups" probably wouldn't like it if I filled it out the way I really want to.

Our self-evaluation asks we rate our performance in the different aspects of our job on a scale of 1-4 as follows:

1 - Needs Improvement (Not fully meeting job expectations) *This is never, ever me
2 - Satisfactory (Adequately performing all job expectations) *Again, not me
3 - Very Good (Requires minimal supervision/Knowledgeable of all job areas) *Getting closer, but not quite there...
4 - Excellent (Takes on extra projects/Generally exceeds job expectations) *All right! This is me!

I would love to go down the list and rate myself as a 4 all the way, but I suppose I will need to throw in some 3's, maybe a 2, but never, ever a 1. Then I have to give examples of why I rated myself that way, areas of improvement, blah, blah, blah. I would rather just have three coworkers rate me and be done with it. Now there's an idea, maybe I will give my form to three people, have them complete it and then use what I like best from them to complete one form. I think that rates a 4 in the area of "Problem Solving Ability."

As part of the fun I also have to update my job description. "Anything, as requested" pretty much sums it up...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to complete mine recently too. I hate that. I felt the same way. I figure if I knew there was an area in which I wasn't doing well, I'd probably step it up and try to fix it. So, I did give myself some rather high numbers, but gave tons of explanations as to why. We'll see...I'll probably get all 2's or 3's and be pissed!

MH

Storm said...

You're a one hundred billion gazillion ^2 in my books! :D