Snark Search

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wizard of Oz

Tonight M. and I are going to a high school production of The Wizard of Oz. M. works for a local school system as their Superhero IT Guy (you can call him Megabyte Man). Anyway, he gets free tickets to their theater productions. M.'s not a big theater aficionado, however our oldest nephew will be in this production.

Reasons I am looking forward to seeing the high school play tonight:
10. The Wizard of Oz is a great story

9. This production is supposed to tell the story from a different angle, but I don't remember what the angle was...

8. I was in my high school drama club and it will be nostalgic

7. M. was able to get really good seats since he is the school’s Megabyte Man

6. It’s an outing – something we rarely do

5. I've never seen M.'s work space and will get to before the play

4. I will get to meet people M. works with and hear about how great he is (this may be more a reason for a list M. prepares, but who doesn't like hearing how great their spouse is?!)

3. We're going out to eat beforehand, so dinner and a show

2. Our oldest nephew has a part in the play

1. Time with M. - my Megabyte Man!!

This will be the first play our nephew is in (actually the first any of our nephews or nieces has been in). He had been expecting to get a lead part, despite our trying to prepare him for a bit part (he's only a freshman). He got the part of a Winkie. I'm not sure what a Winkie is - I don't remember them from the movie. Maybe they were in the book? It's been a long, long time since I read the book. Anyway, I guess I find out tonight just what a Winkie is.

A note: for anyone just tuning into this blog and wondering why all the lists, I am participating in NaBloPoMo and March's theme is LISTS!

No comments: