Snark Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

To Someone in the Front Office

Dear Someone,

When we have office staff out we all need to pitch in and help cover that person's job. I take a good portion of duties for the particular person out this week. Did you know last weekend was a holiday weekend and there were emails and information requests piled up from 3 days not only for the person who is out this week, but for me too.

I understand that you, Someone, also take a portion of this person's duties when they are out. What I did not know is that you need to sit at this person's desk to perform these duties. Well, guess what? I have to sit there too to do what I need to do. Yesterday I admit I was at that person's desk for a good portion of the day, but you try going through almost 200 emails and making sure everyone gets the correct information sent to them and let's see if you can get it done in half the time I did.

You could have told me that you needed to sit at that desk since I did not know what you were covering required it, but instead you decided to complain to a 'Higher Up' so this morning I was chastised for helping out and doing someone else's job. Well, poo to you Someone!

Since I am an office goddess, I will kindly transfer everything I can to my own desk so you can sit at the other's desk all day long if that is what you need. I hope your day at the office stinks!

Sincerely,
LilSeed

PS - to my regular readers, I still plan to do a vacation wrap up post and have a few more pictures to post from my trip. I think I will have to break down and actually write that post at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, "someone" sucks!

MH