Snark Search

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Car Service Place

This is a snarky post - a hate post even - about the place that is currently servicing my car. Also known as the place that has serviced my car three times now in the past 2.5 weeks.

I dropped my car off at 7:30 AM so they can once again try to determine why the check engine light is on. They are supposed to call me on my cell phone once said problem is known. So I wait, and wait, and wait... finally about 3:15 PM I decide I'm tired of waiting so I call over to the service place and ask for "Sherry" who is supposed to be working on my car (and has worked on it the previous two times it was there).

It always takes some time for Sherry to get to the phone, but finally she comes on. I tell her who I am and that I am calling to check on my car. She is all, "ummm, hmmm" and finally spits out that some hose is leaking, that they've run a smoke test, and "he" (whoever he is) is working on it. I ask Sherry how much this is going to cost and she is all "umms" and "hmms" again and then says, "Nothing yet, we haven't found the leak yet."

But Sherry, I thought you just told me:
  1. a hose is leaking
  2. you ran a smoke test
  3. "he" is working on it

So what the hell is "he" doing to my car?! I am doomed to be stuck in my office all night - M. is going to a political thingy with his folks tonight and won't be home until late. I hate, hate, hate the service center - and Sherry!

2 comments:

Storm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Storm said...

Oh, and the service place sucks like no other!