Snark Search

Saturday, March 15, 2008

In The Woods

Last night I finished reading In The Woods by Tana French. This book focuses on a detective who has to go back to the small neighborhood where he grew up to investigate the murder of a 12 year old girl. This case is especially disturbing for the detective because he was involved in a similar (perhaps related?) case when he was about the same age in which two of his friends disappeared. So, in essence, this book focuses on two cases: a present day case and a 20 year old cold case.

By the end of the book one case will be solved and the other will not. I really enjoyed this book up until the point where the detective and his partner start cracking the case that will be solved in the end. At this point, the book started to get a little too far-fetched for me and in the end, I wished that either both cases had been solved or the one that wasn't solved had been the one that was.

I was an okay read - as long as the copy you pick up doesn't smell like cigarette smoke (unless you enjoy the smell of cigarettes)!

I just got back from a trip to my library. On to other reads!

No comments: