Snark Search

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I want to get away with a AAA Getaway!

My workplace bought the entire office pizza for lunch today because the rain just has not stopped and it is miserable outside. So I stayed in for lunch with a handful of coworkers and did not read (I was looking forward to finishing Stray this afternoon, but anyway...)

I'm not sure if I took my full hour or not, so I decided to take a mini-break from my work this afternoon. I had received an email from AAA about various getaway packages they offer. I thought that was cool. M. and I never go anywhere, so I thought I'd check them out. So I scrolled down the list and found a few I wanted to read more about, but when I click on the specific package I get this:

Error
The reservation service is being currently being
upgraded.
No member name.

Figures! So here is a list of AAA Getaways I would be pursuing right now if I wasn't getting, "Error! Error! No Getaway for you!" (Makes me think of that robot from Lost in Space that would wave his springy arms around and bleep "Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!")


  • Escape to Alcatraz (I just watched The Rock this weekend!)

  • Medieval Times

  • Los Angeles or New York Show Package - Wicked (great book, would love to see the play)

  • Wild San Diego

  • Big Apple Adventure (with its museums, theaters, and parks this sounds right up M.'s alley... um, yeah riiight!)

  • Terra Cotta Warriors: Guardians of the First Emperor

  • The Southern Way of Savannah

  • The Emerald City (would love to stop in on a friend while on the west coast)
A coworker told me today I hadn't been very snarky on my blog lately. I think I'm all snarked out for now - maybe the rain washed away my snark?

No comments: