Snark Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Mr. Obvious Post

I'm not a big fan of the radio show Bob and Tom, but M. is. Over the years M. has shared clips from the show he has found particularly funny. One that always sticks in my mind is from their Mr. Obvious routine. This clip was about a guy who called into Mr. Obvious about an animal living under his sink. This animal made growling noises at him. In the end Mr. Obvious tells the caller he has a garbage disposal and that is his under sink animal. When I first heard this clip I laughed so hard I cried.

I had a Mr. Obvious moment this morning with a coworker. About a month ago I rearranged my office. This was no small office overhaul - I changed everything. This morning a coworker came into my office and asked, "Did you change your office?" I politely told her that I had, that my desk used to be "over there" (pointing). She told me it looked nice, I thanked her. She then went up to a French message board I have on the wall (a very large board covered with a Chinese silk fabric) and asked if I made it. I didn't, a different coworker made it for me, and I told her so. I've had that message board hanging in my office for well over a year - she's just now noticing!

I know, I know, no biggie, but it made me think back to Mr. Obvious on Bob and Tom. Also, for some reason this particular coworker has had the knack of annoying me lately. Thought I would share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a little concerned that is me you're talking about....I'm trying to go through the checklist of items you listed and compare them to what I believe I said to you:
1. Not sure if I asked you if you changed your office because I knew you did
2. I told you it looked nice
3. Noticed the message board
4. Don't remember if I asked if you made it
5. No, I had never noticed it.

**If it is me, I apologize for never noticing. Unfortunately, when I'm in your office it's generally work related and I don't take in the scenery.
***Also, if it is me: I'm sorry that I "had the knack of annoying you" at that time.
****I'm also a big fan of Bob and Tom. I am fully aware of Mr. Obvious, and I'll be the first to admit that I've had my share of Mr. Obvious moments.

(I'm not making an account for this. So, I'll let you know) MH